Wednesday 17 July 2013

Advice | Book Review: Doing The Impossible By Patrick Bet-David


Being successful has a different meaning for everyone, and everyone wants success for themselves. Although it seems like a simple process when thinking about it, success is something that you must work extremely hard for. But, how? Little old me, successful? To most, being successful to the degree they want may sound impossible...

'Doing The Impossible' by Patrick Bett-David is a book about just that; how to do the impossible. As an immigrant to America, Bet-David has been through many of the ups and downs that life has to offer. In this book, he shares his personal experiences as well as top notch advice in order to help encourage you to get motivated and make your dreams become a reality.

This book only took me two days to complete, which really says something. I am the type of person who, if the read is good enough, will go completely and utterly MIA until that last page of the has been completed. The book is a little different than your average read; at the end of each chapter, it asks you to fill in your answers to some of the key questions and topics discussed in the chapter on the lines provided. It really does help to drive the information home; reading about someone else's experiences and your own experiences are very two different things. When you write your answers in, it automatically makes you remember the information that much more since it is now directly relating to you and your goals. 

Another aspect of the book I really did enjoy was the fact that each chapter was straight to the point and not long and drawn out. This meant that if, lets say, I was in need of some motivation and wanted to flip a page open and start reading, I could do so. There is also plenty of motivational quotes strewn throughout the book, which helps if you need a little pick-me-up. I also really enjoyed all of the connections he made. He uses amazing examples that really help you understand the information. He makes use of description scenarios, diagrams, and other useful examples to help drive his point home.

Lastly, I would like to mention that his book really is effective. I have implemented a few of his tools into my life and have grown significantly because of it. Similar to some bloggers, I started out a particularly shy individual. With his help, I have grown out of my shell in ways I never thought were possible. Now, I am not terrified to ask the fitting room lady to grab me another size, or even initiate a potentially awkward conversation with an acquaintance or even a stranger.

Check out Bet-David's website here to learn more about the book. I highly recommend anyone and everyone read this book; it really is an amazing way to spend your time!

Luck & Love,
Kaylee Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment