Tuesday 6 August 2013

Health | Quick And Easy Healthy Breakfast



I know that most of you will be looking at the above picture wondering how on earth I manage to sell you on this idea. Although despite it's questionable appearance, this breakfast is not only healthy (just one serving gets you 25% of your suggested daily iron-great for vegetarians/vegans) it also tastes uh-mazing and only takes a few minutes to prepare.

Since I have a bit of a sweet tooth, I love sweetening this recipe up with creative add-ons. If you want to be a little healthier than me, go ahead and omit those; if you aren't try to watch your waistline, the sky really is the limit!

Recipe:
1 packet Cream of Wheat, instant
250ml of water OR milk
handful of berries (your choice)
half a square of dark chocolate
any other add on you wish
(my recipe for the milk)
250ml almond milk
2-3 tablespoons of Nielson Massey vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste

To prepare, simply heat your water or milk in a saucepan and pour over Cream of Wheat in a bowl. In order to jazz up the flavor, I love making my own almond milk creation. I usually take about 250 ml of my unsweetened almond milk, and add in about 2-3 tablespoons of my Nielson Massey vanilla extract. Then, while it's heating, I shake in some cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. The vanilla really helps to cut the bitterness of the almond milk, and the cinnamon is great for appetite suppression!

Afterwards, while the liquid is absorbing into the cereal, add in whatever add-ons you like. I go a little crazy and add in half a  square of dark chocolate on top of my raspberries and blueberries, but you are welcome to add whatever you like! Strawberries, acaii berries, or even honey would be great choices!
This recipe is great for your health since this cream of wheat really keeps you full. This will prevent any high-calorie mid morning snacking. All the ingredients listed are also alright for your health, as long as you use them in moderation.

Please be sure to leave a comment if you have any questions!

Luck & Love,
Kaylee Slater

No comments:

Post a Comment