Thursday 12 September 2013

Couture Critique: Tory Burch Spring 2014 Runway Show


Tory Burch showcased her Spring 2014 collection at this years' fashion week. The show was inspired by the 1969 movie "Le Piscine" with pool-printed runways and a highly apparent 60's vibe. The prints showcased were also inspired by manicured gardens and flowers, as you can see in the above design.

I have to say, this look is absolutely stunning. I also must add; the overflowing handbag of fresh flowers absolutely sealed the deal for me on this look. This is the epitome of Spring.

I love the concept of reusing past fashion trends by incorporating modern twists to make them fresh again, and this is no exception. The structured style and cut of the dress definitely corresponds to the 60's inspiration, yet is made fresh again with a slight rise in hemline and the return of the peter-pan collar. The pattern is beautiful as well; the combination of organic concepts such as the flowers and earthy tones are paired with geometric shapes and structured symmetrically to create a perfect, unified piece.

Her accessories are also on point. Totes and sandals are adored accessory classics, and I believe the use of these in the show makes the viewer much more comfortable and familiar with the looks (therefore making them more apt to purchase the fashion). On that note, I also approve of such an easy transition it will be taking these looks from the runway to the streets. Unlike many other runway shows, I know these fashions will be welcomed to the everyday working woman with open arms.

The beauty aspect of the show is also executed brilliantly. The model's 'nearly naked' look consists of glowing skin, a little eyeliner on the top lashline and a dab of lipgloss paired with nude nails. This combination definitely lets her natural beauty come front and center stage, where I believe it should be for someone of her aesthetic genes!

Overall, this is one of the most impressive runway looks I have ever encountered. If I am ever able to get my hands on this dress, I doubt I will ever be able to get myself out of it.

Thank you all very much for reading the first article in my new series Couture Critique. Please let me know in the comments below or on my Facebook page what you liked and what I could improve. Have a beautiful day!

Luck & Love,
Kaylee Slater

Source: Tory Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment