Thursday 18 April 2013

Fashion | Is The High-Low Trend Flattering For All Heights?



Since I am a whopping 5" tall, it is extremely difficult for me to wear skirts or dresses that are below the knee in any way, unless I want to look like a tree stump. Since the High-Low trend has been making a huge appearance in the fashion world this Spring, you can understand my disappointment and curiosity!

Although being the hopeful person I am, when I was in the mall yesterday I did muster up the courage to try on a few High-Low dresses. To my complete and utter surprise, It actually didn't make me look shorter than usual! This means that the High-Low trend is compatible with all heights, although there were a lot of details other shorter girls may want to keep in mind.

Since High-Low dresses or skirts are usually free-flowing over your curves, you need to make sure that there is some sort of cinching around the waist. A taller girl has her lean legs to elongate her, but shorter girls' legs don't have such effect. If you are opting for a dress, grab a belt as well; if its a skirt, make sure it's low enough so that your curves will not be concealed by the fabric of the skirt.

Also, opt for a style with a 'High' portion that is higher than normal. Since any hemline lower than the knee can start to make us look shorter, picking a shorter hemline at the front will make our legs look the longest. This is true for taller girls as well; just make sure regardless of your height, you aren't showing too much!

Hopefully this has answered some of your questions and the tips have helped you! Thanks so much everyone!

Luck & Love,
Kaylee Slater

No comments:

Post a Comment