Sunday 25 August 2013

Beauty | How To Look Like You Weren't Just Crying

It's inevitable that life will throw much more than a few bad days you're way, but that doesn't mean that everyone else you encounter in your day needs to know when they happen. If you want to learn a few quick tips to make it look as if you weren't just crying, please keep on reading. Also remember: I love you!

Just get it all out.
If you're having a rough day and have to get out of the house soon, make sure you get it all out before you go. This applies not only to your inner emotions (cry it out) but also your nose (you know it gets bad). Often when we cry our nose starts to run like crazy, and if you don't take care of that before the other steps, you're secret is going to be obvious.

Have a shower.
Although a hot, brooding shower seems contradictory to the purpose of this article, it can really help relax you in terms of your mind. I always find myself so preoccupied with shaving and shampooing, it helps to take my mind off of whatever is bothering me. Also, this is a great time to take advantage of you're cleanser; I know you have mascara all over your face, you may as well take it off while you're in there.

Create a veil.
Usually when I am sad, I like to keep my hair down. Although it seems a little strange, my hair helps me hide myself when i'm just not feeling so confident. Don't get me wrong, I am not walking around like cousin it; but when you feel vulnerable, even a few strands on the side of your face help keep you comforted. I know that wearing a slick pony when i'm upset makes me feel super vulnerable. If you have short hair, try wearing a hat or a scarf to snuggle into.

Use eye drops.
Crying equals red eyes, no doubt about it. Use some eye drops specifically for red eyes and they should be cleared up in a few minutes.

Make-up is on your side.
I have a few make-up tips to help hide a sad face. If you get blotchy when you cry, foundation is of course a necessary step. Try not to overdo it, though; trying to make the red spots disappear with makeup will seem like a good idea, but when they naturally fade, you're going to look very cakey.

It is apparent that our eyes get very red when crying- as stated above- so use a brightening eyeliner on the waterline (innermost edge of the eye) to conceal that. Using white is a great option since it will instantly make you're eyes look bigger, and crying can often make them look very squinty. Try setting the liner with either an eye shadow or powder in a matching shade so it will stay in place.

Lastly, always use eye make up (specifically mascara) that is waterproof. If you break down once, you may as well be prepared if you happen to break down again.

I hope these few tips have helped you conceal your sad face, and that you get back to your happy one real soon. If you have any other ideas on the subject, please feel free to leave your comments and opinions down below. Thanks so much for reading! I hope you feel better!

Luck & LOTS of Love,
Kaylee Slater






No comments:

Post a Comment