Wednesday 8 May 2013

Beauty | Marula Oil


Recently I received some information on a product called Marula Oil, and became very interested in it's entire concept. The promotional email explained that this beautifying facial and body oil helps to moisturize the skin and prevent signs of aging, which is useful to me since I do love to tan in the summertime. The email also explained that the oil can be applied to the skin to treat scars, eczema, laser peels, and much more (full proof of doctor endorsement here: https://www.red-pear.com/marula-science/).

Although the thing that caught my attention most about the product was the fact that the production provides rural East African woman (who collect the oil) with a sustainable amount of income, which they use to feed, clothe, and educate their families. The product falls under the Fair Trade Federation, and the entire process is completely ethical and fair. I think that supporting our fellow females worldwide is essential in our progression as a gender.


Once I received the product (a full bottle, courtesy of Red Pear- thank you!) I instantly fell in love with the packaging. As you can see it comes in a bottle that is reminiscent of a teardrop shape, and is coloured in a shade of deep rust with gold accents. Despite my minor unfamiliarity with African art, I believe this packaging design definitely represents the country and it's culture very accurately. I also love the packaging in a technical and pragmatic way, since the dropper automatically fills upon twisting the cap. How convenient is that?

*For anyone who is curious or skeptical when reading the ingredients, the list on the back reads Sclerocarya Birrea as the only ingredient, instead of listing Marula Oil. This is simply the greek name (I inquired about this after taking notice) so it's true to it's claim!*

After opening the product, I immediately smelled it (what can I say, I'm a sucker for the fragrances!). This oil has a very refreshing and moderately sharp scent, and I find it quite pleasant. I would describe this scent very similar to an herbal aroma, although it does not directly represent an already-existing herb that I know of. After application, I noticed the consistency of the oil was that similar to olive oil. It felt very luxurious on my skin, and took only a few minutes to absorb. To note, after the oil was absorbed the smell did fade away. This is convenient since you do get the benefit of smelling it initially, but can still apply perfume or scented lotion afterwards and not fear a jumbled, odd mixture of aromas on your skin.


As for the benefits in my skin, needless to say I was very impressed. As I mentioned before I do tan occasionally and my skin is often sensitive afterwards from the UVA/UVB exposure. I like to apply this with a light hand to the affected areas at night in order to soothe my skin. When I wake up, my skin is silky soft and doesn't feel sensitive anymore. I also like to apply this to my hands in order to prevent signs of aging, as well as the rough spots on my face. I am a sufferer of extremely chapped lips as well, and this oil definitely helps to hydrate them. The oil is fantastic in all areas!

If you are interested in helping out the rural women of East Africa, as well as enhancing and extending the length of your own natural beauty, please consider following this link to purchase: https://www.red-pear.com/products/products/marula-oil/

Thanks so much for reading! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment down below. Have a wonderful day!

Luck & Love,
Kaylee Slater

All images were planned, created, and shot by Divine No.7 (Kaylee Slater). Please contact me (divinenumber7@gmail.com) if you wish to use these photographs on your website or for any other purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment